The Indiana University Campus Farm (IUCF) is located at 451 N. Pete Ellis Dr., 47408 at the Hinkle-Garton Farmstead that is owned by Bloomington Restorations Incorporated (BRI). The property is located 0.6 miles from the front door of IU’s Hilltop Garden and Nature Center (a 15 minute walk and 4 minute bike ride), and is positioned on the Bloomington Transit bus lines for easy access. The property includes 10 agricultural acres, a late 1800’s farmhouse, and four historic barns. Currently, there are ± 5 acres available for crop production, 3 acres available for pasturing, and 2 acres of established fruit and sap trees. We are focused on developing the tillable acreage of the property into productive, fertile vegetable ground, as well as working to establish additional orchards. We are currenltly using high tunnels for food research, teaching, and production.
The IUCF focuses on specialty crop production (fruits and vegetables). Produce from the farm is distributed through three primary channels: to students through IU Dining Services, Crimson Cupboard, and Campus Kitchen, direct to consumers via a farm stand and Community Supported Agriculture subscription (CSA) during the growing season, and to the area's food insecure population through donations to local food pantry, Mother Hubbard's Cupboard.
To learn more, inquire at email@example.com.