Academic Experiences at the Farm - If you want to develop experiential learning experiences for your class, please get in touch with us - email@example.com to schedule a visit and meeting.
We're Hiring! - The Campus Farm is hiring two student employees to begin in mid-March and last until mid-August. The farmhands will work 10-20 hours per week (more in the summer, less during the cooler months) and the starting rate is $11.50 per hour. See here for more information about the position and how to apply.
Current classes using the Farm
- SPH-O 343 - Fundamentals of Sustainable Agriculture (cross-listed with Geography as GEOG-G 359)- offered in both fall and spring terms
- SPH-R 410 - Event Planning and Program Development
- BUS-G 316 - Sustainable Enterprise
- GEOG-G 357 - Urban Alternative Agriculture
Student Farm Advisory Team - will act as a student portion of the farm advisory board. The intention behind this group will represent student interest as it relates to food, production, and the Farm. The team also has potential to expand into a campus farm-centered student organization as interest in the farm expands. This group's work is coordinated by the Campus Garden and Farm Intern through the IU Office of Sustainability. Please contact Kerry Ryffel (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in the Student Farm Advisory Team.
Donate - The IU Campus Farm is taking a 3-prong approach to economic stability: product sales, grants, and philanthropy. If you are interested in contributing to this project financially, we have set up an account with the IU Foundation: Give Now. We are also accepting in-kind donations of supplies and equipment:
- 25-35 horsepower diesel tractor
- 60"-72" PTO driven rototiller
- 2-3 Row Cultivator
- Class 1- Bushhog
- Class 1- Finish Mower
- Garden Carts / Wheelbarrows
- Shovels, hoes, garden rakes, and other garden tools
- Cow or Hog Panels
- Walk-in Cooler
- Clean Straw Bales
- Vegetable Scales
- Backpack Sprayer
- Harvest Bins